Job Title: Milieu Therapist
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
FLSA: Non-Exempt, $17-20 / hourly
Supervisor: Program Manager
About EDCare Colorado Springs
Are you looking to work with a high-quality, collaborative team within a privately held growing eating disorder company? Are you passionate about patient recovery and looking to have strong clinical supervision & support within a multidisciplinary team? Do you want compassionate, enthusiastic and engaged co-workers? EDCare can provide this for you and more!
EDCare, established in 2001, is a privately held, Joint Commission Accredited eating disorder program with locations in Denver, Colorado Springs, Kansas City and Omaha. We offer evidence-based PHP, IOP (both adult and adolescent), and OP treatment for patients struggling with various eating disorders. EDCare also specializes in eating disorders combined with our Specialty Programs: Athletic, Substance Use, Binge Eating and Trauma.
EDCare Colorado Springs offers an Evening Intensive Outpatient Program (EIOP), Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program (AIOP), & Outpatient and Aftercare Services. Through our unique CAMSA treatment model, patients learn how to interrupt destructive behavioral patterns, tackle fears, take on new challenges and integrate lasting, positive changes into their lifestyle.
Summary of Major Functions:
Provide and maintain structure for the Evening Intensive Outpatient Program. Services include conducting psycho-educational groups, facilitating meals and meal processing, completing documentation, and encouraging a therapeutic milieu.
Must have a basic understanding of the therapeutic process that patients experience during program hours, understand confidentiality laws, and have a strong knowledge of professional ethics. Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and be able to work with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds. Must demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, independent thinking, enthusiasm, and non-judgmental attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practice of effective counseling skills.
- Facilitates meals with patients in a fashion consistent with current policies and procedures. Models appropriate eating behaviors during assigned mealtimes with patients.
- Contributes clinical information and observations about patients in weekly staffing.
- Facilitates integration of new patients into the program by demonstrating knowledge of all aspects of the clinical program.
- Demonstrates ability to build therapeutic rapport.
- Facilitates groups with expertise, demonstrating ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
- Maintains group curriculum for psychoeducational groups according to EDCare clinical standards.
- Is creative in therapeutic interventions to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu.
- Is present and available for patient requests and needs; provides outreach to patients when necessary.
- Maintains daily program structure.
- Timely completion and accuracy of clinical paperwork: progress notes, group notes, etc.
- Ensures completion of daily attendance sheet for billing purposes.
- Takes responsibility for opening and/or closing the facility.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health field or equivalent experience in an active doctoral program.
- Minimum of six months experience working in therapeutic milieu.
- Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders and dual diagnoses.
- Minimum of beginner skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Intermediate skills are required with Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively maneuver within an office scheduling system.
- Must be able to efficiently learn and effectively work within an electronic medical records system.
Physical Demands and Environment:
Physical demands of this job include but are NOT limited to:
Sitting frequently, standing occasionally, walking occasionally, talking frequently, hearing frequently, seeing constantly, reaching with arms and hands occasionally, crouching occasionally and using fingers intricately. This position requires lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds occasionally.
Environmental conditions of this job include but are NOT limited to:
95% inside, 99% normal temperature and 99% normal noise as expected in a medical office environment.
COVID-19 Safety Duties and Responsibilities
- All patients and staff are required to wear a mask.
- Plexiglass to be placed in high transmission areas.
- Surface areas to be regularly sanitized.
More about this position:
All the benefits you expect-PTO, Health, Vision, Dental, 401(k), HSA & FSA, Company Paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
The estimated compensation range displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your education level, specific skills, years of experience and comparison to other employees already in this role. The final salary could be higher or lower than the reflected salary ranged posted.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Kristen Jorgensen, Director of Human Resources at KJorgensen@eatingdisorder.care