You are not alone! EDCare is here to support you and your recovery goals during COVID-19. We are open and accepting new clients. Help is just a call/click away.
As you are aware, COVID-19 the (new) Coronavirus continues to have an impact on an international and national basis. The spread of the Coronavirus is a rapidly evolving global situation that EDCare is closely monitoring. It is the mission of EDCare to continue to provide the highest quality of care to our patients while also taking every precaution to ensure the continued health and well-being of our patients, staff, and family/friends.
Increased Precautions Being Taken at all EDCare Locations:
At EDCare the care and safety of our patients, families, and staff continue to be our primary concern. We would like to share the proactive steps we are taking in our facilities to keep everyone safe. Our Joint Commission Accredited facilities follow universal precautions. They are the cornerstone of our infection prevention and control policies. In addition to this, and with the onset of COVID-19, we have added the following additional measures to our daily routines:
- Coronavirus Response Committee (CRC) – To streamline communication and implementation, we quickly formed a CRC consisting of medical, clinical, and company leaders. The CRC meets regularly throughout the week and monitors the CDC and local government websites daily for COVID-19 status reports, advisories and policies, and communicates these to our facilities, staff, patients and families. Our sources include:
- Increased Sanitization – All dining room surfaces are being sanitized before and after every meal and snack, and all commonly handled areas are being disinfected twice daily. We have increased the number of bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout our centers. We have engaged outside services to provide enhanced daily cleaning services.
- Increased Screening & Testing – COVID-19 tests are part of our pre-admission medical clearance process. All patients and staff undergo daily temperature screenings. All staff has access to testing for COVID-19 antibodies. Guests are not allowed at this time.
- Social Distancing – All programs are practicing social distancing by holding meetings, groups and therapy sessions in larger rooms to increase the physical space between individuals. Nonessential staff members are working remotely to reduce the number of people at each facility. Admission assessments are being conducted over the phone. Face masks are required.
- Limited Travel – We have suspended all non-essential business travel company-wide.
We will continue to update our policies and procedures as more information becomes available from the local and global disease control agencies.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Currently, our Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Programs (AIOP) in Colorado Springs is being held virtually. All Evening Intensive Outpatient Programs (EIOP) have transitioned back to in-person treatment.
Family therapy sessions and our multi-family group therapy sessions are being held virtually.
All Outpatient Support Groups and our ANAD Eating Disorder Support Groups are currently canceled until further notice.
CDC Preventive Measures:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The CDC recommends the following everyday preventive actions to help prevent COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when in public, even if you do not feel sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.