We know how difficult taking those first steps toward eating disorder recovery can be, but know full recovery IS possible! EDCare’s multidisciplinary team is here to support you every step of the way. From day one we work to build a therapeutic relationship so you can feel confident and comfortable in your choice to pursue treatment.
EDCare is an evidence-based eating disorder treatment program accredited by The Joint Commission. We are committed to empowering adults, ages 18 and older of all genders, sexualities, and ethnicities to connect with their authentic-selves. Each point of our unique CAMSA® treatment philosophy – Connection, Acceptance, Mindfulness, Sense of Self, and Action – empowers individuals to launch a life-changing transformation.
The first step on your journey to recovery is contacting EDCare to schedule a free, confidential assessment for our program and ask any immediate questions you may have regarding treatment. Assessments generally take about one hour and can be done in person or over the phone if distance is an issue. During the assessment, you and one of our compassionate Admissions Clinicians will discuss your medical history, previous treatment, if any, and get to know you and your individual circumstances. This comprehensive assessment process not only helps us guide you to the most appropriate treatment option but, also allows us to put together a treatment team tailored to your individual needs.
What To Expect.
Anxiety and fear are common feelings to experience before beginning treatment. Know that within 48 hours of admission you will be implementing a treatment plan designed to fit your needs. To help you prepare, let’s explore what your first two days in our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) will look like.
Your Admissions Clinician will contact you the day before to confirm arrival time and answer any questions. If you are staying at our Connections House or Apartment please bring your luggage and personal belongings with you. When you arrive check-in with the receptionist at the front desk.
- Complete remaining paperwork
- Meet with a member of our Finance Team
- Review patient handbook with Admissions Clinician
- Receive assigned locker key for valuables
- Tour treatment center
- Meet our Milieu Therapists
- Meet with EDCare Physician
- Meet your treatment team
- Primary Therapist
- Family Therapist
What To Bring To Program
To provide a safe and comfortable treatment setting, we ask that patients refer to the following list of items you can and cannot bring during your time at EDCare. Items that do not adhere to this list will be sent home or stored. If you have specific questions regarding this list please call 866-771-0861 or speak with your Admissions Clinician.
• Current prescription medications in their original, labeled containers
• Over-the-counter medication you take regularly
• Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving razor, feminine hygiene products, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, etc.)
• Comfort items (throw blanket, favorite pillow, slippers)
• Spending money or credit/debit card for outings
• DVD’s, laptop, tablet, iPod
• Journal, knitting, crossword puzzles, books
PROVIDED: Sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, washer/dryer, laundry basket, and laundry detergent.
• Food/Drink (including gum, candy, caffeinated items)
• Water bottle
• Fitbit or other tracking devices
• Items of value and large amounts of cash
• Clothing displaying drugs or alcohol
• More luggage than you can manage on your own
• Fashion magazine or other publications that could be triggering
• Items that could be dangerous or triggering to yourself or others (diet pills, non-prescribed laxatives, unauthorized supplements, energy drinks, diuretics, etc.)
• Pets of any kind, including comfort animals. Certified service animals are permitted with proper documentation.
Have a question? Check out our FAQs page.
Cost of Care.
EDCare is committed to providing the most cost-effective treatment possible so you can afford a healthy life. We accept over 35 insurance plans, including some state-funded programs. We work with each individual to address specific financial issues, including single case agreements and out of network insurance carriers. We are your advocates for good health and will work with you and your insurance company to obtain coverage. Our Connections House in Denver, Colorado and Apartment in Kansas City, Kansas is based on a sliding scale fee, as well, to make our housing options available to all patients in our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP).