Walk for Eating Disorder Awareness. Save a Life.
Can you envision a world without eating disorders? The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) actively pursues this vision by supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders and serving as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
To help raise funds and awareness, NEDA Walks are held in communities across the country. Since 2009, these non-competitive events have raised over $6.7 million and enabled NEDA to offer lifesaving programs and services to those affected by eating disorders.
This year, EDCare is honored to be a Pacer Sponsor at both the Kansas City, MO NEDA Walk and Denver, CO NEDA Walk. As one of the nation’s foremost centers for the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders, EDCare invites you to join us at these events and show your support. You will have the opportunity to meet the EDCare team, learn about our unique, evidence-based treatment program, and pick up some awesome SWAG from our booth! Did you know our three beautiful treatment centers are located in Colorado and Kansas? Visit our website to learn more about us before the events and bring any questions you have about our levels of care, multidisciplinary team, or our ongoing research with Children’s Hospital Colorado. We look forward to meeting you.
Why show your support for eating disorder awareness?
• 10 million men and 20 million women develop an eating disorder at some point in their lives
• Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of all mental illnesses
• 1/2 of teen girls and 1/3 of teen boys use unhealthy weight control behaviors
• Nearly 1 in 4 dieters will progress to an eating disorder
What can you do to help raise eating disorder awareness?
Join EDCare at the Kansas City, MO NEDA Walk and/or the Denver, CO NEDA Walk. We appreciate your support!
Walk day tips:
• Stay hydrated and bring a snack
• Stretch before you start
• Wear sunscreen and other protective clothing
• Meet the EDCare team and pick up our exclusive NEDA Walk swag